Sunday, February 21, 2010
LESSONS FROM A DOG'S LIFE
I found this old newspaper clipping and felt it worth reiterating the simple message it told. "Dogs have the right idea. They know how to enjoy life and they appreciate the simple things, like good food and a cozy place to sleep". If only we humans could learn from these lessons. Sad to say, I do not know the source.
"1. Offer comfort to those in need. Sit next to them silently and listen to what they have to say.
2. Go outside at least once a day and let the fresh air rejuvenate you.
3. Run and play every day.
4. Find joy in taking a long walk, perhaps with a friend.
5. Eat when you're hungry, sleep when you're tired, and stretch before you rise.
6. If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
7. Be loyal to people you love.
8. Be true to yourself.
9. When loved ones visit, rush to greet them at the door.
10. Take every opportunity to do something that brings joy to others."
February is Heart Month. Share your life with someone. Be a best friend. Love what you do.
Posted by Judith Monteferrante at 2:11 PM